Monday, March 20, 2023

Beneath the Sunken Catacombs. An awesome new OSR Game!!

So I decided to pick this up last night and well, I read the entire book in a single sitting and was up past 2am converting my White Box: FMAG and Lamentations Of The Flame Princess classes over, as well as working on a new campaign to run. I would have done a lot more but I had to be at work at 7am.

To say I liked this would be a total understatement. I absolutely LOVED it. It hits all the sweet spots and I can tell that a lot of time and consideration went into this. Do you really need another OSR game let alone another one built off of White Box: FMAG chassis? The answer is a resounding YES!

There is so much gaming goodness within these 150 pages. Literally years of gaming to be had. Plus a great GM section that actually walks new GM's through how to build a dungeon and run a game. And it doesn't stop there, a dungeon, an overland area, a town, 0 level characters and so much more. I cannot recommend this game enough and give it my highest rating of any OSR game to date. Out of rating of 1 to 5, I rate this a solid GO THROW YOUR MONEY AT IT NOW!

A complete game in 150 pages, an adventure and a setting to get your started, plus it comes in at under $10 Canadian, which is an absolute steal. It is perfect for both New players and veterans alike and the fact that it utilizes Ascending AC, has movement in feet and the sleep spell from White Box is much better implemented, means complete newbies can be up and running in no time with a clear understanding of the rules with no hang ups.

I am super pumped to run this and once I get some game sessions under my belt I will provide a full review!


Be warned that the dungeon goes deep, and the deeper you go, the further you venture from sanity. Soon you will plunge yourselves into depths so dark that even torch-light is swallowed up by the inky blackness.

An Old-School Renaissance RPG that blends the classic with the new.

-Featuring seven classes and 28 class variants, as well as 4 optional classes.
-Advanced rules for downtime between play sessions.
-New Spell rules that look to balance and diversify the OSR spell casting experience.
-Streamlined bulk and encumbrance rules along with new equipment options.
-Enhanced combat rules.
-Full monster bestiary.

Beware what lies beneath the sunken catacombs.


Available at DriveThruRPG as a Pay What You Want PDF here:

Amazon Print Copies available here:

1 comment:

  1. Yea I found this little gem just recently myself and I like it even more than FMAG. The only thing that I'm on the fence about is how much slower characters move because of the encumbrance system. My son's Fighter only moves 10'!

    ReplyDelete

UPDATE: It's Mega-Dungeon Time

UPDATE: Having wrapped up our main ALMOST Campaigns, we now have two groups that are now about a dozen sessions into exploring two of the Me...